Construction and renovation are messy, often leaving behind unused scraps and materials, especially if you are living in a city like New York. This can result in a much different end result than what you have assumed. In such a scenario, the home cleaning services NYC plays a vital role in maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of a place.
However, if you are seeking the best home cleaning services NYC, rely on us for professional cleaning. Our services include bathroom cleaning, kitchen cleaning, floor cleaning, dusting and window cleaning.
Checklist for Cleaning Services in Home Renovations
Renovations are already stressful and hectic but the work is not done until it is completed. Having a checklist of home cleaning services NYC will make the renovation process easier and more efficient.
Let’s have a look at the checklist for cleaning services:
- Remove Large Debris
First and foremost step would be removing large debris, tools and the materials left over from construction. Make sure to discard all the materials and recycle them as needed. This phase is called a rough clean because you are cleaning up the larger and heavier items without focusing on the detail work.
From manual labor to the specialized equipment, it is based on the type of the debris that needs to be removed. In manual labor, a physical picking up and removing of debris by hand is included. While, specialized equipment such as chippers and grinders can be included. These heavy equipment are more efficient and helpful as compared to the one, doing it manually.
- Dust Ceilings and Fans
Home cleaning services NYC offers dust ceiling and fans services that includes three simple steps:
- Spread the old sheets on the floor or any furniture that is under or near to the fan. Make sure to cover an area about twice as wide as the full width of the fan. Position the ladder so that you can reach the top of the blades.
- Remove loose dust using a microfiber cloth or duster. Wipe both sides of the fan blades carefully using a long-handled brush. This tool is specially designed from hardware stores and home centers.
- Dip a cloth or sponge with an all-purpose cleaner and wash each blade. Avoid spraying liquid on the fan and don’t apply heavy pressure, to prevent bending of the blades.
- Wash the light globes carefully by hand and let it dry completely before installing. Also, dry the blades of fans thoroughly before turning your fan back on, damp blades catch dust.
3. Clean Upholstery
We all prefer a spot or a corner in our house to chill and relax and spend most of our time being there, right? It could be a recliner or a comfy chair. The steps included in home cleaning services NYC: vacuum thoroughly, mix a stain remover, prepare rinse, treat the stains, mix an overall upholstery cleaner, start at the top, rinse the upholstery, and air dry.
4. Clean Walls and Baseboards
Dust and debris can be found everywhere, even sticking to your walls and baseboard. In order to clean walls and baseboards, move all furniture away from the walls and organize them in the center of the room. Use a microfiber cloth or duster to dry dust the baseboards and walls. Then you can apply a mixture of dishwashing liquid and warm water to wipe down the surfaces.
5. Clean Window and Window Sills
- Wipe window sills using a dry microfiber to remove dust.
- Mix a few drops of dishwashing liquid with warm water in a spray bottle and dip the microfiber cloth into the solution.
- Gently wipe window sills and frames, applying more pressure with fingertips for stubborn smudges.
6. Dust Every Surface
Make a habit to dust every surface: start from the top and work your way down. It may include ceiling fans, light fixtures, window treatments, furniture and shelves, TV screen, radiators and heating ducts, toilet tanks, floors and baseboards.
7. Clean Hard to Reach Areas
Home cleaning services NYC also offers cleaning the areas that are hardly accessible. Renovation cleaning can involve stretching for those hard to reach spots. Moving the furniture is a necessity to clean up all the dirt leftover during the construction process.
8. Clean All Flooring
Home cleaning services NYC cleans every type of floor:
- Hardwood floors – sweep daily, mop with microfiber.
- Laminate floors – use laminate specific floor cleaner.
- Tile floors – clean with warm water.
- Marble floors – sweep with dry dusting pads.
- Bamboo floor – dust along the grain of the wood regularly.
Whether it’s a renovation cleanup or a detailed deep-cleaning session, our team of home cleaning services NYC professionals has the skills and equipment necessary to tackle the unique challenges posed by renovation projects. We flawlessly remove dust, grime, and debris from every nook and cranny, ensuring that your newly renovated space shines with a newfound sense of cleanliness and freshness.